Irene S. Wischer Scholarship
To apply for an Irene S. Wischer Education Foundation Scholarship, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be a legal resident of Texas for 12 consecutive months prior to completing the scholarship application
- be a person of good character. Per Mrs. Wischer's instructions, preference will be given to "applicants who are Christians and attend church regularly."
- demonstrate academic potential and ability
- demonstrate a need for financial assistance
Deadline: March 7, 2018
Central Texas Farm Credit to Award $10,000 in Scholarships to Agricultural Youth Leaders
Central Texas Farm Credit will award $10,000 in scholarships to high school seniors who plan to make a positive impact on the agricultural industry. The scholarship program awards $2,000 to five high school graduates who will pursue an agricultural related degree. The recipients are selected based on academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, and an essay.
Deadline: March 15, 2018
TTA Foundation Scholarship
The Texas Telephone Association Foundation (TTAF), a non-profit, philanthropic organization founded to help further the understanding of telephony and advance telecommunications as a career choice, will award six, four-year scholarships, in the amount of $2,000 per year to students entering college for the 2018-2019 school year.
Deadline: March 30, 2018
Texas Big Game Awards Scholarship
Eligibility - ONLY 9 SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AWARDED. EIGHT AT $1,500 EACH (that is one per Region) AND ONE OVERALL TOP SCHOLARSHIP AT $3,000!! All applicants must be Agriculture and/or Natural Resource related majors.
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Hughes - Virginia Ruth Kiker Hughes Memorial Scholarship
High School Senior. Eligible applicants must be from a Region 14 school. This scholarship is awarded to graduating seniors interested in pursuing a trade or vocational/technical career who would appreciate financial support and have demonstrated strong motivation for success in college. To apply visit:
Deadline: April 1, 2018
Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union
Abilene Teachers FCU will award at least twelve $1,000 scholarships to teen members of ATFCU who meet the following requirements:
* The applicant has an account in his/her own name at ATFCU.
* Applicant is in good standing and an ATFCU member of record as of December 8, 2017.
* Applicant has been accepted as a full time student for the fall 2018 semester at an acctredited college, university or technical college in the United States.
* Applicant is graduating from High School in Spring 2018.
* Applicant is not related to an ATFCU employee or board member.
The scholarship application can be downloaded at abileneteachersfcu.org or obtained in person at any of the ATFCU locations.
Deadline: April 17, 2018
If you are a high school student looking for scholarships for college, check out these scholarship ideas. Some are fun and easy, while others require a significant community service project or talent in a particular area, such as music, art, writing or math.